Job Advert – Laboratory Manager
This role entails the management of all laboratory staff (currently a team of 6), in both Chemistry and Microbiology laboratories.
Work carried out in the laboratories covers: Quality Control testing of raw materials and all products manufactured on site in accordance with the ISO9001 Quality System, testing of samples supplied by customers and testing under the UKAS ISO 17025 banner.
The day to day duties involve:
- To coordinate both chemistry and microbiology laboratory staff on a day to day basis
- To set and measure productivity targets
- To undertake annual appraisals for all laboratory staff
- To carry out one to one meetings and review staff objectives
- To hold regular laboratory meetings
- To train laboratory staff in relevant laboratory roles
- To attend weekly management meetings
- To liaise with other managers with regards to any company business that involves the laboratory
- To confirm Quality Control testing of manufactured products and sign off batch cards
- To compile laboratory reports to send out to customers
- To liaise with customers regarding samples and to discuss the relevance of test results
- To field customer technical queries via email and telephone
- To provide laboratory testing quotes to customers
- To liaise with the Technical Sales Representatives with regards to any specific customer analyses/trials
- To ensure laboratory consumables are ordered and stock levels are correct
- To provide cover in the absence of other laboratory staff
- To develop and promote new methods and test procedures, in conjunction with the Product Manager and the R&D team
- Extend the range of UKAS accredited testing offered to customers
- Liaise with the Compliance department to meet the needs of and QRESH objectives
- To carry out internal audits
- To assist with external auditors on the day of auditing
- To undertake the role of UKAS Quality Manager and UKAS Deputy Technical Manager
- Be a good all round manager
- Have good communication skills
- Have knowledge of good laboratory practices
- Have knowledge of ISO9001 Quality Management systems
- Have knowledge of ISO17025 UKAS systems
- Preferably knowledge of BRC standards
- Knowledge of the brewing, food and beverage industries would be an advantage
- Have experience of working in, and preferably managed, a chemistry or microbiology laboratory
Hours: 8.30 – 5.00 Monday to Friday
Holidays: 22 days plus bank holidays rising to 25 days.
Salary: £28,000-£32,000 depending upon experience.
If you would like to apply for the above position please could you send your CV and a covering letter to Joanne.email@example.com all applications will be treated as confidential.
The closing date for all roles is Friday 26th May at 12.00pm.