Reporting to: Technical Director/Product Manager
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Murphy and Son Ltd is a highly successful, market leading company in the brewing and beverage industry and we are seeking an experienced Research and Development Scientist to join our team.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Development of new products and formulations for the brewing industry
The successful candidate will be given specific research projects aimed at creating new products for use in the brewing industry. The project overview and guidance will be provided by the Technical Director / Product Manager. The candidate will be expected to conduct all necessary testing and research for the project with the goal of producing financially viable product offerings to the brewing industry.
- Testing of raw materials and innovations in the industry
This will involve examining and assessing new sources of supply offered to the company either to satisfy developing market needs via new innovations or alternative variants of raw materials sourced through the procurement team.
- Product development of existing products
Work will be required on products manufactured on site. Testing will look to analyse existing product properties and where possible improve upon them. Examples of possible testing include determining rates of breakdown of active ingredients to establish shelf life or the effects of various storage conditions on materials.
- Development of test methods and processes for use in Quality Assurance
To increase the range and accuracy of testing performed on products, the successful candidate will be expected to validate existing test methods and provide a written report of their findings. They will also be required to look at developing new methods to increase the number of parameters that can be tested by our Quality Assurance department.
- Providing adhoc assistance to the Quality Assurance department
On occasions the successful candidate may be required to support the existing Quality Assurance department with laboratory testing of products.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Degree Level education (or equivalent) in Chemistry, Biochemical Sciences, Forensic Science or related fields;
- Competent user of Microsoft Word and Excel; Experience at producing written laboratory / project reports; and
- Ideally, a Background in Research and Development and project development.
- An inquisitive mind;
- Ability to manage workloads and work to deadlines;
- Have a high attention to detail;
- Be self-motivated and able to work independently and as part of a team; and
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
To apply for the position please send your CV and covering letter email@example.com
The closing date for applications is Friday 19th October 2016 at 12.00pm.