The National Collection of Yeast Cultures (NCYC) is the UK’s premier collection of yeast cultures, holding over 4100 strains collected over 65 years.
From supply of yeast in bulk to safe and secure storage of your own strains, the NCYC offers wide ranging services to microbrewers.
Our confidential yeast bank will help you to protect your production yeast against mishaps. Once stored in liquid nitrogen we can guarantee supply of a pure and genetically stable sample whenever you need it.
We also offer purity checks and quality control analysis for your samples.
If you are looking for a special brew opportunity or a more diverse product range, take a look at our catalogue with yeasts from many different beers – styles old and new – from around the world.
The NCYC has a very extensive brewing collection at your service.
Benefits: Safe Deposit Service
- Safe and Secure storage of your production yeast
- Dedicated liquid nitrogen storage facility
- Purity and QC analysis
- DNA fingerprinting for detection of strain variation
- Insurance against production yeast variants or mutations
- Over 30 years of expertise in cryopreservation
Benefits: Liquid Yeast Supply – Bulking up Service
- Concentrated Pure liquid yeast ready to pitch (6 x 108 cells/mL)
- No propagation needed. Volume ready to Pitch
- Quantity ready to pitch from 2 to 30 bbl
- Yeast delivered to your Brewery door
- Use your own production yeast or select a strain (ale or lager) from our catalogue
- Fresh high quality and high viability yeast (>95%)
- Better aroma and flavour profiles than dry yeast
- Achieve faster starts with our high density fresh active yeast
- Ensure consistent fermentation
If you are interested in this service please contact Frances Maud: email@example.com who will send out an order form and price list.