We are pleased to announce that the shelf life of our vegan fining Super F has increased from 6 months to 9 months!
As part of this, you will now receive Super F in green 25kg or 200kg drums and the shelf life starts from the point the product is manufactured and placed in said green drums on our site. The shelf life will, of course, always be clearly outlined on the product label.
Shelf life isn’t the only change Super F has seen of late. We’ve also made it available to purchase without an optimisation by our laboratory, although we still strongly recommend you carefully optimise before use! In aid of this, we thought it advantageous that we go through the basics of a successful Super F optimisation.
First of all, the materials you require to optimise are as follows:
- 3L measuring jug
- 500ml measuring jug
- Pipette with 0.1 ml graduations
- 5 x 500ml glass bottles
- Refrigerator set to 4°C
- Microscope kit and Haemocytometer
Super F Optimisation Method:
- Set up the glass bottles with the specified dose rates and clearly label the bottles
- Take a 2.5 L sample of beer post fermentation and perform a yeast count
- Measure 500ml into each bottle and seal, invert three times to mix and refrigerate for 24 hours
- Very carefully remove the beer from the fridge and set on a bench with a light source behind the samples
- Select the rate which has the best clarity along with a compact sediment.
- If you cannot measure haze it might be good to develop a grading system for your records e.g. A-F A=Brilliantly bright F= Very Turbid/Dull
- Yeast counts for the best sample can validate that the bulk of the yeast has been removed.
The recommendation for dose rates to optimise to are as follows:
|Super F Dosage
(pints per barrel)
|Dosage ml/HL||Trial Dose ml/500ml||Rate Guide|
When using Super F we always recommend that you optimise regularly. For the majority we’ve found the best results to be between 0-5°C and when the product is used in conjunction with optimised auxiliary finings and carrageenan use. Last but not least, your yeast count should be 1-8 millioncells/ml of viable yeast.
Got a question about Super F we haven’t answered here? Email us on email@example.com